Arts & Culture
Access to art and cultural experiences is vitally important to quality of life. The arts are a way for Detroiters to connect to each other and the world. The city is home to artists and cultural institutions that have elevated Detroit’s creative spirit for generations. The Hudson-Webber Foundation invests in the capacity of arts and cultural organizations to deliver quality, accessible, and engaging cultural programming, as well as increasing the diversity of voices reflected in the sector.
Detroit Historical Society was awarded a $400,000 grant to develop an exhibit bringing together diverse local voices and communities to reflect on the 1967 civil unrest, its causes, and its aftermath.
Culturesource was awarded $50,000 for administration of the Creators of Culture program supporting small arts organizations, individual artists and unique collaborations.
The following 29 organizations were awarded operating support via Detroit Arts Support. Please view the video to learn more about this powerful partnership to support Detroit’s cultural community.
- A host of People Inc.
- Allied Media Projects
- Arab American National Museum
- Arts League of Michigan Inc.
- College for Creative Studies
- Detroit Artists Market
- Detroit Historical Society
- Detroit Opera
- Detroit Public Theater
- Detroit Sound Conservancy
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra Hall, Inc.
- Detroit Zoological Society
- Garage Culture Inc.
- Heritage Works
- Live Coal
- Matrix Theatre Company
- Michigan Science Center
- Mosaic Youth Theatre of Detroit
- Motown Historical Museum Inc.
- Museum of African American History
- Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit
- Pewabic Society, Inc.
- Plowshares Theatre Company
- Sidewalk Detroit
- Signal Return
- Sphinx Organization
- The Heidelberg Project
- We Are The Culture Creators Nonprofit